Sunday 6 March 2011

Why are dentists so expensive?

I went to the dentist the other day. What? Isn't that what blogs are for? To tell you I went to the dentist? What did you expect? That I'd tell you I met the Secretary General of the U.N to complain about the price of cigarettes? No, I went to the dentist. The point is how much it cost. I earn a low wage by the way. Just in case you didn't know. I expect you to feel sorry for me. But like I say the point is even though I earn a low wage I still pay the full amount. Is that fair? Is God a dentist or what? I mean I'm talking half a week's wages just to get a check up. It seems that in Britain, day by day, it gets harder and harder to just survive by doing an honest day's work. And by an honest day's work, I'm not including dentists.
Like I say I'm genuinely miffed.You know what parents should do with children? They should take them aside at a reasonably early age, like two, and say "Look son, this is what will happen if you don't brush your teeth every day. And instead of showing them a picture of some unfortunate person with black and missing teeth, they should just show them your average dentist's bill. "Yes, I know son, it isn't pleasant, but I'm showing you this for your own good. That's right, two hundred pounds for a spit and polish Children would rush to the bathroom in their thousands, scrubbing away for all their worth. I'm sure of it. Every dentist would go out of business and I would be happy for a change. So there.

No comments: